Professional Competencies in Substance Abuse Prevention
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE LOGGING IN.
As of July 1, 2016, the Professional Competencies Online Training has updated its website to provide users new features and updated security. Due to this change, your password will need to be reset. Your temporary password is the same as your user name. After you enter your temporary password, the site will request that you create a new password. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but we want to ensure that your privacy is protected.
If you need assistance in resetting your password, please contact support at mark@FreemanCD.com.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the Center for Applied Research Solutions (CARS) are pleased to announce the launching of the NO-COST Community Prevention Initiative (CPI) Professional Competencies in Substance Abuse Prevention online training series.
These online trainings provide the prevention field an opportunity to gain or expand their knowledge in the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model. The training modules can be taken individually, or, as a whole series, to best meet your needs. Modules currently in the Professional Competencies series are:
- Assessment (assessing need, resources and readiness)
- Capacity Building (building capacity and community organizing)
- Planning (using outcome based logic models and developing strategic plans)
- Implementation (implementing evidence-based policies, programs and practices)
- Evaluation (monitoring and evaluating for improvement and decision making)